So, you want to earn extra income, but don’t know where to start? A side hustle is a prominent way to earn extra income in addition to your day job. Whether you’re a nurse or doctor, there can potentially be a side hustle for you. Check out 7 best side hustles that can work for nurses and doctors.
Writing or Blogging
If you’re a nurse or a doctor, you can start a blog by writing about common health questions or concerns. But blog consistently, engage with other bloggers and connect with people. Be patient because it takes hard work to build an audience that will generate a significant amount of traffic every day. Also, being a guest blogger on other sites can help you generate traffic to your site.
Telemedicine or Telehealth is a great side hustle to have, which involves consulting patients over video or phone. You can work part-time or full-time and wherever, whenever, which is very flexible and convenient. Telehealth Job Openings.
Float Pool or Locum Jobs
Another alternative if you’re a nurse or doctor is to sign up to be a floater at the healthcare facility where you work. You can take additional shifts, and earn some extra income. You can also take on locum assignments. These are physician temporary assignments that last from a couple of days to a couple of months. Locum Job Openings.
You can work part-time for a consulting company or start your own business by offering your expertise to people. Offering guidance and advise to people, can be a very rewarding side hustle.
Teaching a Class
Another side hustle that can be rewarding is teaching. Whether you’re a nurse or doctor, you can earn extra income by teaching a CPR or First-Aid class. While you’re helping students learn, teaching can also help you develop or practice your skills as a healthcare provider. Teaching a medical class is good experience to obtained.
Last but not least. One of the best side hustles for nurses and doctors is becoming a Relode Agent like I am. You can earn extra income by referring friends and colleagues to great healthcare jobs! Learn More.
Reference: 7 Best Side Hustles for Nurses and Doctors
Job Type: Full-time, Days with Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings 5
Healthcare Facility Highlights
– Hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
– Recipient of the Thomas Reuters Top 100 Hospitals.
– The only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center.
Qualifications for Healthcare Job, Emergency Room (ER) Nurse in Round Rock, TX
– Graduation from a NLN accredited school of nursing.
– BSN – Licensed in the state of TX as RN – BLS – ACLS: Required within 6 months of employment.
Job Description for Healthcare Position in Round Rock, TX
Hiring for Emergency Room (ER) Nurse. This position, under the supervision of the ED Director, Manager, Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team.
Job Type: Full-time, 6:30a – 3:00p, On Call Rotating Weekends, Nights and Holidays
Number of Openings: 3
Healthcare Facility Highlights
1. #1 ranked heart program in Texas six years in a row.
2. Malcolm Baldridge award recipient.
3. Home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
4. Able to transfer from CVICU and ICU to train on Cath Lab.
Qualifications for Healthcare Position, Cath Lab Nurse in Austin, TX
1. TX RN license
2. Minimum 1-year adult, acute care cardiology/ cardiovascular nursing.
3. BLS, ACLS preferred.
Job Description for Healthcare Position in Austin, TX
-The Cath Lab Nurse is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care.
-The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice.
-The Registered Nurse is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel.
Job Type: Full-time, Day Shifts
Number of Openings: 5
Top-notch nurse needed! We are looking for an experienced, professional nurse to provide excellent care for our surgical cardiac/ cardiovascular based patients, primarily post surgery.
You will work with one of the top performing facilities in the state, collaborating with other members of the Progressive Care Unit team to provide exceptional service and continue the tradition of highest quality care.
Highlights & Benefits for Healthcare Position, Registered Nurse (RN): Progressive Care Unit (Days) in Austin, TX
– Hospital provides comprehensive, physician-directed, and patient-centered care resulting in excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction ratings.
– We are a high-energy, tight-knit, dynamic team of nurses and physicians, and we are looking for someone with similar traits to join our team.
– Full benefits and competitive salary offered.
Skills for Healthcare Job, Registered Nurse (RN): Progressive Care Unit (Days) in Austin, TX
– Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing.
– RN Licensure from an accredited school of nursing.
– Registered Nurse with current state licensure from the State of TX (RN licensure from state with the Nursing Compact – required to get a TX license within 90 days of hire)
– BLS Certification – ACLS Certification – TNCC Certification.
Job Type: Full-time, Rotating Weekends
Hiring Medical Facility Highlights